This product includes:
- Details of how to access the video presentation online (streaming download)
- 1 x Trauma and the Body Additional Information pack
- 1 x Powerpoint handouts to accompany the course
- 1 x Buzz group worksheets
- 1 x CPD certificate for 4 hours
Based on the course that we ran successfully 24 times throughout the UK, this training pack includes the presentation as a video of the Powerpoint slides running alongside the audio recording. This may be viewed or listened to on your PC, Mac, laptop, phone or tablet.
ABOUT THIS TRAINING
Trauma doesn’t just affect the mind and the emotions. It profoundly affects the brain and the body too. Often ‘the body remembers’ what the mind cannot.
- why trauma leads to increased risk for heart disease, cancer and diabetes;
- the difference between implicit and explicit memory and the reason for ‘body memories’
- why chronic pain is so common after trauma
- what the ‘Trauma Traffic Light’ is and how it relates to fight, flight and freeze – and recovery from trauma.
Why is it that so many trauma survivors not only suffer from ‘psychological’ disorders such as complex post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociative identity disorder (DID) but also from a whole raft of physical issues — chronic pain; frequent or recurrent infections; auto-immune disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome (aka ME), fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis; and difficulty in both connecting with the body and living healthily? The body is often both the medium through which the original trauma was enacted, and the source of ongoing suffering and self-hatred.
This training will explore why, to the best of current scientific knowledge, this happens, and most importantly, what can be done about it. We’ll be looking at the impact of trauma on the body, and how it seems that the body can also be a key to unlocking the psychological issues of trauma.
Feedback from the training day that this is taken from:
“Fantastic training! This was an extremely well put-together day which led to so many ‘light-bulb moments’ for me. Really helpful on both a personal and professional level. I have learned so much and will be telling all my colleagues about it.” – WB
Please note that the presentation is a streaming download, meaning that you access it via our website and it requires a reasonably good internet connection.